Home NEWS ‘You lied. You defamed me’: Patrick Brown blasts CTV News after sexual misconduct accuser changes timeline – Toronto

‘You lied. You defamed me’: Patrick Brown blasts CTV News after sexual misconduct accuser changes timeline – Toronto

6 min read
0
19

Sponsored links

Patrick Brown is blasting CTV News saying, “You lied. You defamed me,” in a Facebook post on Wednesday after the broadcaster reported one of the woman who accused him of sexual misconduct wasn’t underage at the time of the alleged incident. 

Brown stepped down as leader of Ontario’s Progressive Conservatives on Jan. 25 after he was accused of sexual misconduct by two women dating back to when he was a federal MP. Since then, he has vowed to disprove the allegations. 

CTV News first reported the accusations last month, but in a story published late Tuesday changed the timeline of the alleged events. One of his accusers now says she was of legal drinking age and not in high school. She also added that she stands by her accusations. 

Matthew Garrow, spokesperson for Bell Media, told CBC News in an email this weekend “CTV News stands by its story.”

The broadcaster has not responded to a request for comment about the latest allegations. 

CBC News has not independently verified the complainant’s new versions of the alleged incident.     

“CTV News fabricated a malicious and false report about me from two anonymous accusers,” Brown wrote. “The significance of this changed story is monumental.” 

The unnamed woman told CBC News in a statement through her laywer, David Butt, that: “I stand firmly by the truth of what I said about Patrick Brown’s conduct involving me. Collateral details from an incident many years ago are not important.”

The complainant added that she has experienced a barrage of comments on social media that were “demeaning, victim-blaming and woman-hating.” As a result, the woman said she will not be engaging in anymore public discussion of the incident. 

She did explain, however, that the reason she came forward with the accusations against Brown is because she “wanted to help other women feel safe in coming forward themselves.”

“The comments that I have been subjected to ignore altogether the abuse of power by an older sober man over a young intoxicated woman,” the statement read. 

Brown also included a message to his accusers in his Facebook post.

“If you truly stand by your allegations, then I urge you to contact Barrie police and have them lay charges. Barrie police can be reached at 705-725-7025. These types of allegations should be dealt with in a proper and fair forum,” he said.

Brown, who had already strongly denied the allegations, said over the weekend in his first interview since resigning from his position that he’s contemplating legal action to restore his reputation. 

Brown’s resignation as leader of the Official Opposition triggered the Ontario PC leadership contest months before the provincial election. 

Christine Elliott, Caroline Mulroney and Doug Ford have all announced their intention to seek the party’s leadership. Tory members will decided on the new face of the party on March 10.  

While he is no longer head of the Ontario PCs, Brown remains the MPP for Simcoe North and is still officially a member of the PC caucus. 



Sponsored links
Source link

Load More Related Articles
Load More In NEWS
Comments are closed.

Check Also

The family who gave Nikolas Cruz a home reveals more shocking details Video

Now Playing: FBI: YouTube user named ‘Nikolas Cruz’ desired to be ‘profe…