Dog starts house fire after accidentally turning on microwave

3 min read
0
78
Dog starts house fire after accidentally turning on microwave

A dog in the United Kingdom inadvertently started a kitchen fire when it somehow managed to turn on a microwave in its owner’s home.

Interested in United Kingdom?

Add United Kingdom as an interest to stay up to date on the latest United Kingdom news, video, and analysis from ABC News.

The husky who was home alone at the time of the incident turned on the microwave, which was positioned off the floor on the kitchen counter, which then ignited a bag of bread rolls that were being stored in the microwave at the time.

“Clearly, this is a very strange incident involving the man’s dog, but it could have been more serious,” said Geoff Wheal, Watch Manager at Corringham Fire Station in Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex.

The dog’s owner was not in the two-story home at the time of the incident but realized that smoke was filling the kitchen when he checked a camera feed on his phone that he had set up in the home.

“When we arrived, the kitchen was filled with smoke,” said Wheal in a statement. “Firefighters ensured that the damage did not spread beyond the kitchen area — but it demonstrates that microwaves shouldn’t be used to store food when they aren’t in use.”

The Essex County Fire & Rescue Service used this bizarre incident to serve as a reminder to the public about safety hazards in the home.

“Our advice is to always keep your microwave clean and free of clutter or food and any packaging. Animals or children can turn them on more easily than you might think — so please don’t run the risk,” they said in a statement.

The husky, who remains unnamed, was not harmed in the incident.


Source link

Load More Related Articles
Load More In World
Comments are closed.

Check Also

Spain confiscates 35 tons of hashish smuggled in yachts

Spanish authorities say they have confiscated 35 tons of hashish being smuggled aboard lux…